FOR THE LENTILS
- 3 cups French green lentils, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 4 stalks celery, diced (about 1 & 1⁄2 cups)
- 1 & 1⁄2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 medium shallots, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup packed chopped fresh parsley
- Pinch of sea salt (optional)
- Goat cheese
FOR THE DRESSING
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
1. To make the lentils, combine the lentils, water, and broth in a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until the lentils are tender but firm.
2. Remove from the heat, drain any remaining liquid, and transfer the lentils to a large bowl. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
3. Stir in the celery, tomatoes, shallots, and parsley.
4. To make the dressing, combine the mustard, vinegar, Herbes de Provence, pepper, and garlic in a small dish, and whisk.
5. Pour the dressing over the lentil mixture and toss well to combine. Season with salt to taste, if desired.