- 1 package of frozen spinach
- 4 tbsp. butter
- ½ medium sweet onion
- 5 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 4 c. Low-Sodium Chicken Stock
- 4 c. packed fresh broccoli florets
- Salt, pepper and fresh thyme
- ½ c. heavy cream
- Greek yogurt
- lemon zest
- Microwave spinach for 2-4 minutes or until wilted. Squeeze excess liquid from spinach.
- Sauté onion in melted butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Whisk in stock; stir in broccoli. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- Stir in wilted spinach, thyme and cream. Process soup with an immersion blender (or carefully in batches in a blender) until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with Greek yogurt and lemon zest.